• Support underwriters and agents in accessing the breadth of our products and markets
• Bind risk, post the invoice and process technical data into ConceptOne as well as other on-line formats.
• Screen renewal applications, perform some of the underwriting and prepare the quotes for underwriter approval
• Maintain producer files including distribution of marketing brochures and mailing contract information to new producers
• Maintain quality of end product verifying prepared documents follow established procedures
• Handle endorsement requests and referrals to the underwriter as necessary
• Follow up for any outstanding information needed to complete the underwriting file
• Order and follow up on inspections and referral for the underwriter as necessary
• Opportunity to learn the business and grow into an Underwriter role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Competitive base compensation
• Health benefits & 401K with employer match
• Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
• Many opportunities for career advancement
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, drive for career advancement and desire to develop relationships while helping to grow a book of business.
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.